Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Pork loin flavor 'spolsion

Here is how i make my pork loin, usually in sandwich form but good just by its self also.



I like using the fresh loins from the meat dept at Hy-Vee but the pre packed loins would work too. Pork is cheap now so its a really cheap meal to make and it saves really well in your fridge.

I use a dry-rub on my loins. um... that sounds wrong, ANYWAY, take your pork loin out and season it with anything you have in your spice cab. I use cosher salt, pepper, season all, dried minced onion, chili powder, paprika, garlic salt, etc etc. Mix all your dry seasonings together in a bowl and apply liberally on both sides of the loin.

Sear the outsides of the loin in a fry pan or cast iron pan as shown. you want the outside to almost have a "crust" on it. After you have your flavor crust as i call it, put the loin into the oven at about 350 for 10-15 mins or until the middle has no pink in it.

Slice the loin thin and serve as sandwiches or just by its self. Top with your favorite bbq sauce! This is on of my favorite things to make as its so easy and cheap too.

No comments:

Post a Comment